Thursday, July 15, 2010

Revisiting My Old Friend

It's been too long. I know that because I just saw this blog listed on a friend's blogroll and it said 'Last updated 6 months ago'. 6 MONTHS!? Seriously, where does the time go? I remember writing my last post about resolutions while sitting at my parent's kitchen table during our transition from Scottsdale to Christmas to Atlanta. I remember wanting to write on this blog more often, but I also remember not quite knowing where I wanted to go with my posts.

I had recently started Diapers to Diplomas and was going strong on those posts (which have also been severely neglected lately!). I had that blog as my outlet for my creative energy, project ideas, teaching ideas and mommy ideas. I also had my 365 Fox blog for our daily family happenings and I wasn't sure what was left over to write about. Lately though, I've been feeling like I just need a location to write about life. The good, the bad, the easy, the difficult, the crazy, the mundane and the transition into this new life that should be arriving within the next 5 weeks. In less time than it takes for organic milk to expire, I'm going to have three kids under the age of two. I haven't had a lot of time to process that... or maybe I intentionally haven't focused on it because it scares me and it's inevitable, but I want to document (for posterity, of course) and I want to remember the emotions attached to this time of our life.

Sorry I've been a blogging loser lately. I'll be better, I promise (says the girl right before life goes crazy on her!). Comments encourage me to write more often though, so if you want to read more often, comment more often too ; )

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm a fan, Beth...I always know when you post because I subscribe to blogs I follow through Google Reader. And, by the way, you're no blogging loser!

Anonymous said...

This is a great way for me to know what is going on in your life. Sometimes when I call and you say "I'm fine", I'm not sure if you really are. This is where you post what you are really thinking. Life will get crazy, especially with three, but you, of all people, can do it!