Friday, July 23, 2010

Other Than the Fact That I'm Painting a Nursery...

I have to say that I feel less pregnant when I'm painting. Something about standing and focusing on something rather than sitting and/or trying to get up with a big belly in the way that makes me feel more like a person and less like a human incubator.

This nursery is more than just a room with new paint on the walls though. For the last two years, Charlie and I have been moving around the country, living in rental units and not having a place to call our own. The boys have never had a room that we could paint to make their own. They have never cared, obviously, but there's something about finally being able to create a baby room that feels settling and cozy.

This baby will not be better or worse off because he has a decorated nursery, but living in the same house, putting down roots and establishing our family will be good for all of us, and to me, that's starting with a gallon of paint. I can't wait to show you how it turns out!

1 comments:

Janet said...

How fun, Beth! I can relate to the need to make your mark and adding some color to the canvas of your own home. Do show pics when you're ready. I would be fun to see progress pictures too!