Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting Appropriately Organized... or Nesting?

For the last two years, Charlie and I have lived out of rental homes and left most of our superfluous belongings like picture frames, entertaining pieces and books in boxes. We have lived with the items that we need on a daily basis and have just about forgotten about some of the other stuff. Now that we own a house with plenty of storage space to spare, we're finally able to make our house into a home - a beautiful, cozy and decorated home.

Lately though, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just getting organized and settled or if nesting has officially begun. Yesterday I got all the 0-3 month clothes, bibs, socks and infant car seat cover washed. The clothes are all folded and organized based on their category and they are ready for daily use. I bought a bumper pad for his crib, a matching crib sheet and newborn diapers at Babies R Us yesterday too... and we ordered a crib and changing table (we never had one of those for the boys!) online last night. I made a great dinner and even had a little energy left over to do some cleaning.

We had A LOT going on over the last few months. A LOT. Between moving from Atlanta to Dallas, finding and buying a house, Charlie traveling to CT for training and also starting his new job, this hasn't exactly been the prime time to be pregnant. I was praying for a long and healthy pregnancy that would get us through all this transition... but now that the transition is officially over, I'm feeling ready for this baby to come.

We have one more wall left to paint in the nursery (which looks AMAZING!) and I have to pack for the hospital, but other than that, the countdown is on! I'm 36 weeks tomorrow, and the doctor thinks it's likely that I'll have this baby at least a little bit early because of all the contractions I've been having already. That means less than 28 days to go!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth,
I am so glad you have had some time to organize your home before the little arrival. We are excited for you and looking forward to the news of the birth.
We hope there will be a time you all can come up here and visit again. Janet was saying maybe a reunion next summer. Our time at Mt Baker Ranch was a much needed reacquainting time for our whole family. We are so glad that you are in the family!
Love,
Aunt Georgia