Thursday, July 29, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go...

We had another L&D scare last night - contractions every 4-5 minutes, pain across the top of my belly and my lower back, lots of pressure under my belly - I thought this was it! I called the doctor and asked him what he thought and he said that, even though I am 37 weeks, that if my cervix wasn't changed/changing that he wouldn't help labor along. In fact, he said that he'd give me a shot of Treb if my cervix wasn't changing. No thanks! I stayed at home and the contractions stopped on their own sometime around 10pm. Guess it was for the best that we didn't drop the boys off for the night at a friend's house just to be sent home.

The good news is that this might have been the kick in the pants we needed to get ourselves ready. The suitcase is packed for me and the baby, and the bag is ready for the boys too. We put the carseat in the van and have the pack n play ready for an overnight stay or naptime for the boys. We still need a name though!

My to-do list is ridiculous - and it reflects the pinball nature of my brain right now. For example, on the part of my list that contains the things we need to buy, a random sampling includes face soap, more diapers, big brother t-shirts and a bird feeder for colorful birds. I'm adding more to the list than I'm crossing off!

The good news is that we're ready - the bad news is that we still have no idea how much longer it'll be!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Really for your second labor experience, it sounds good. I was similar before Ben was born. Several sleepless nights of contractions that did not lead to delivery, but the awesome news is the more nights you have like that the easier the real thing will be!! If I had a choice I'd say "bring on the 'false' labor"!

Praying for you...

Anonymous said...

With Owen and Eli as you names -- maybe you should look at names that also begin with a vowel -- Issac, Aidan. Just a thought! Good for you for packing your bags and being ready -- you'll sleep better!