Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

It's Saturday morning. Charlie and I had a date night last night and went to an Italian place that we've both been wanting to try. We watched the fireworks over Grapevine Lake and then spent two hours hanging out with the friends who watched Owen and Eli so we could get out. The morning is going along as usual. Boys woke up right on time. We all ate breakfast. We played outside before it got too hot. I took a shower and shaved (Thank Goodness!). I whipped up a batch of banana bread and put it in the oven.

I was talking to my mom on the phone and was pretty positive that I 'popped my plug.' That never happened with the boys though, so I wasn't 100%. Then, about 30 minutes later, around 9:30am, I stood up to walk to the bathroom and my water broke! Definitely wasn't expecting that one! So all of a sudden, 'the rush' was on. I say that in quotes because it was almost comical how much we continued to do before heading to the hospital. I double checked my suitcase for the hospital and repacked the boys' suitcase for our friend's house. I called my family. I finished baking the banana bread! I called the doctor to let him know we were on our way and called Jackie to let her know we were bringing the boys over now! Charlie took a shower, cut his hair, watered the grass, packed a small bag for himself, shaved and loaded the car. We dropped off the boys and stopped at the store for smoothies and muffins since I knew I wouldn't be able to eat once we were at the hospital. I had one of the boys' diapers on this whole time so I wouldn't leak everywhere!

Since my water had never broken with the boys, I was pretty positive that that was what was going on, but Charlie had doubts. "So you really think this is going to happen today?" "Are you sure you're water broke?" The second we got to the hospital (around 11:30am) it was confirmed - membranes had ruptured, IVs were started, Penicillin was started for a positive Group B result and consent forms were signed.

Stay tuned... and let the games begin!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

hahaha Beth! the best part about this entry .. is Charlie watering the grass and you wearing a size 4 diaper. love it! keep us posted... hope all goes smoothly!

Jenny Boisseau said...

Woo hoo! So excited for you!jenny boisseau

Janice said...

Yay! Of course, the minute I leave town you go into labor. Figures:-). So excited for you guys! Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely the only person I know on this planet who would blog WHILE IN LABOR....love you!

Anna