Thursday, December 03, 2009

Moving to Atlanta, Gonna Eat Me A Lot of Peaches

Atlanta it is! We found out yesterday morning that we got our first choice for this rotation and are so excited!

Now the fun begins on finding a place to rent, organizing the move, packing the van, driving across the country and spending time with family in PA. I know that there is a lot to do (which is an understatement), but I just feel excited about this move! Something about being in the same time zone as our family is just so refreshing... not to mention that I have had a love affair with 'stereotypical Georgia' for most of my adult life. I used to fantasize about living in a big plantation style house with slow moving ceiling fans and a peach cobbler cooling on the window sill! Maybe we won't quite get that out of a condo community, but a girl can dream : )

We'll be in Pittsburgh from December 23-January 16th and would LOVE to see as many people as possible. Charlie will be in training in Orlando from January 3-15, but the boys and I will be available for visitors, field trips and play dates... all the time!

1 comments:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

yay for georgia--and time in
PA!