Monday, November 03, 2008

The Daylight Savings Scam

Previous to this year, the "Fall Back" mandate has always been a blessing. Who wouldn't love getting an extra hour of sleep AND waking up an hour before your normally do to have an extra productive morning with plenty of sunlight?! The Sunday after turning the clocks back has always been one of my favorite days for that very reason - especially when you either have visitors or are visiting someone else and get a bonus extra hour to spend time together.

That all changed this year. No one tells you that when you have newborns (who aren't sleeping through the night, mind you) that you re-live an hour in the middle of the night (think Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day), which basically guarantees that you'll wake up one more time that normal. It's amazing how fast you get used to only waking up once when you have to wake up twice.

Thankfully by next year I'll be back to enjoying my extra hour of sleep, but for now, I think it's time for a nap!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Sorry to say it might not be any better next year! Sam has gotten up an hour earlier two days in a row!! I hope he gets the idea soon and that his new wake up time isn't 6am! :)

Baily said...

Trisha,
I am a mother of twins and noticed your blog on the Good's blog. I, too, used to enjoy DST. But, this year, my twins are now 15 months, I still didn't feel the extra hour. For me, it just means my kids wake up at 6:30 instead of 7:30. I'm with you. What a scam!

If you have time to check out our blog, we're at bailybuzz.blogspot.com. I, too, am working out my calling as an at home mom. God is good. I'm always growing and learning.

Blessings to you,
Jennifer Baily