Monday, September 29, 2008

Free to a Good Home

I can't take it anymore.

I have two babies to take care of 24/7. They have decided to be back-to-back feeders during the night (meaning that when one finishes, the other is ready to start, then the first is ready again by the time the second is finished), keeping me up for about 2.5 hours at a time. That usually only happens once, but the fact that it's in the middle of the night and I try not to wake up Charlie on worknights, so I'm dealing with it alone, is wearing on me. I love my babies though, and I will do anything it takes to take care of them as best I can.

What I am not willing to do anymore is take care of two cats who think the best way to get the attention that they are starved for is by puking up everything that they eat. Just today, three seperate times in three seperate locations. While I fought to keep the cats when we moved here, I have rapidly lost interest when I am already cleaning up spit up all day anyway.

With the level of exhaustion I'm dealing with, I don't have a single ounce of energy to spend on the cats, which leads back to the title of the post... FREE TO A GOOD HOME.

3 comments:

Becky said...

You're giving up the cats?! Well, I certainly don't judge you. I don't know how you handle it all. If you can find happy homes, than I'm sure Tibby and Savannah will continue to have a great life - and more attention!

Is there any ways you can wake the twins up to feed at the same time? I don't have any experience, yet, but I know some moms who put their baby on a schedule instead of letting the baby dictate. Maybe you could try it. I would think it's worth a try for your sanity and sleep!

Anonymous said...

phew, i was relieved to see that the post's title was referring to the cats and not the boys....

Anonymous said...

YOU DONT MEAN IT. That is terrible to give up pets you adopted. Those cats have been tried and tru. Dont let the twins rule you anymore than you would let a pet. Feed tandom!