Thursday, July 03, 2008

To Do List

I was thinking the other day about all the things I miss about my pre-pregnancy body's ability to do things and thought that I'd make a list of all the things that I'm excited to do again once I'm not a temporary housing unit anymore! Charlie's mom pointed out that "having things that I want to be able to do but being unable to do them" is actually preparation for after the boys come. I'm sure that's true, but it's still wishful thinking!

Top 10 Things I Can't Wait to Do Again (in no particular order):

  1. Sleep on my stomach
  2. Tie my shoes without getting out of breath
  3. See my feet!
  4. Walk around the block more than once and still maintain stamina
  5. Eat sushi
  6. Swim in a non-maternity bathing suit
  7. Sleep through the night without a bathroom break (or many) waking me up
  8. Hug Charlie without needing to bend forward just to reach his neck
  9. Fit in my normal clothes so I can stop wearing the same (albeit extremely comfortable) black yoga pants every day
  10. Get up from sitting without needing to be pulled up to stand

While I'm sure many of you out there are thinking that these things might be trivial, I'm excited to be able to regain some semblance of normalcy in what I can expect my body to be able to do. I've been pregnant for 6 whole months now, which is not actually that much time to lose so much flexibility, stamina and movement. On one hand, 9 months is an extremely long time to feel this way, but on the other hand, 9 months hardly seems like enough time to build and create TWO entire human beings! I'm sure that every ache and pain will be more than worth it when we get to meet our sons : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In spite of all this, stay pregnant as long as you can, 'kay? The boys will be glad for it, though they'll never think to thank you for your "housing unit" concessions!

~Autumn

Shaloma said...

Coming from someone who just gave birth... it's true that ever ache and pain and every bit of being uncomfortable during pregnancy (and labor) is well worth it once you get to meet your baby for the first time. It's hard to imagine when you're going through it, but seriously every bit is well worth it.

-Shaloma

Becky said...

My mom always says that pregnancy is the easy part because at least you know where the kid(s) is and he goes wherever you go automatically!

Do you have any new pics?!