Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Making Some Friends

To be more accurate, by "some friends" I actually mean "one friend" and by "friend" I mean "someone I met up with for breakfast and made plans with to go walking on Thursday"... but that all sounded too long and complicated for my title!

Her name is Amy and she's pregnant with identical twin girls due in August. She's also in the MOPS group that I joined and we seemed to hit it off well. Being pregnant in a new place is actually a blessing - the conversation seems to flow a lot easier than just trying to come up with interests or hobbies that you have in common.

I'm hoping that a few of the other women I've been emailing with will also turn into friendships but for now I'm abundantly thankful for at least one!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

It's time to congratulate you on reaching double-digit days left of pregnancy! Hope the settling in is going smoothly and that you can FIND everything!

~Autumn