Saturday, February 02, 2008

4 Months To Go

As of Tuesday, I only have 4 months left teaching at Pine-Richland. Just like all time, I know that it's going to fly by - especially considering that the end of the year always does. Between going to states with 33 students for FBLA in March/April, the Prom, Easter break, and taking as many random "sick days" as I can possibly fit in, June 5th will be here before I know it.

The challenge lately has been to stay focused. I haven't been quite as ambitious as I typically am and haven't been bringing home anywhere near the amount of work that I usually do. It's not that I don't have the work, it's just that my mentality has changed. I'm working on it though. I don't want the end of the year to be any less educational than the beginning. I know that it won't be on the outside, but I'm trying hard to stay focused until the very last day. The kids deserve that.

I still haven't told them that I'm leaving at the end of the year. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, but I just don't feel like the time is quite right yet. Maybe I want them to be sad that I'm leaving and I'm afraid that they just won't care, or maybe I'm afraid that they'll stop working as hard for me thinking that I'm not working as hard for them... regardless, the time will come soon enough and that will make this whole thing so much more of a reality.

0 comments: