Sunday, May 13, 2007

So Close!

Finally, the last trip for the year is over! My co-worker (Joe) and I took 15 of our FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) kids to Hershey Park, PA for 4 days to compete at the state level for each of their events. Some were in individual events, others were in team events, but each of them did an amazing job and some were SO close to making it to the National level in Chicago this summer.

The team events were Entrepreneurship, Emerging Business Issues, Network Design and Management Decision Making. The first three mentioned make it to the second round, which is a case study presentation that we could all watch. I was so proud of them! They were all extremely professional, well spoken and confident. In the end, in order, they took 4th place, 8th place and 8th place in the state.

The event that I'm the most proud of though, is Accounting 2. I had two boys compete at the regional level and beat out the other 30 kids to make it to states. At states, they competed against about 75 other students and came in 5th and 6th! When I checked their scores the next day, they were both only 2-4 questions off from first and second place. The top 3 will go to nationals, but it was personally very satisfying to see them make it so far knowing that I had taught them everything they knew. (Insert pat on the back : ))

I'm sure that with all the excitement of winning that FBLA will be even bigger and more successful next year, but this year was a great start for Pine-Richland.


0 comments: