Sunday, April 22, 2007

NYC Without a Hitch


It's hard to believe that my NYC Accounting field trip has come and gone. After all the planning, the meetings, the handouts, the packing lists, the checking of bags, the driving and the sight-seeing, the 72 hour trip is over. I came home with the same 30 kids I left with (which I hear is the main goal of an out-of-state overnight field trip) and had many of them ask me if I'd be planning a similar trip for next year.

I realized this weekend (again) how much I love my job. It's one thing to have a classroom dynamic with students, but it's a whole new ball game to have an out of class dynamic too. I would even go so far as to say that if they were 7-8 years older that I would probably be friends with a good number of them. They're great kids and I'll be sad to see many of them graduate this year.

0 comments: