Wow. The next time I write one of these posts it will be to talk about the boys' FIRST BIRTHDAY. I am blown away by how fast this first year is going/has gone, and yet I'm so excited that we've come out on the other side as such a happy little family. This month was a fast one, since we spent so much time in Pittsburgh visiting friends and family, moving, and getting settled in Arizona.
A few stats from this month:
- Owen weighs about 19.5 pounds
- Eli weighs about 18.5 pounds
- Visited this month: my family, Charlie's family, Charlie's grandma and Uncle Dan, my mom's extended family, my dad's extended family, many many friends from college and Pittsburgh, my mentor teacher, my co-workers from Pine Richland, a few ex-students and many more! It was a busy month!
- Milestones: trying whole milk for the first time, walking along the furniture, Eli standing on his own for a few seconds at a time, both boys cutting 'their fangs' on the top, only eating babyfood for breakfast - lunch, dinner and snacks are now table food!
- Challenges this month: moving, with two boys who want to be on the go all the time, getting through the plane rides, trying to unpack and entertain babies, getting adjusted to two time zone changes, being away from home for 3+ weeks, being away from Charlie for 2 weeks. The bathtub is still a challenge too. Ugh.
- Current favorite toys: cars that you pull back and let go and they move on their own. Actually, I should just say anything with wheels that they can push along as they crawl
- Words: Eli says "mom" plain as day, and usually it's in reference to me, not just babbling. Owen will say "dada" and what sounds like "hidad," which I'm sure we're just imagining : ) They have both started this obnoxious high pitched screech too, which we're hoping they outgrow soon!
- Interactions: They are really starting to care when they get something taken off of them. Whether they are taking toys from each other or we're taking something from them that they shouldn't have, a mini-fit typically occurs.
- Big Deals this month: After 3+ weeks of resorting to middle of the night feeds, we're officially sleeping through the night again! The boys go to bed around 7:30 and wake up around 6am to nurse, then they're back to bed until 7:45. This morning they went back to sleep until 9:15!! Life is good!
We are 11/12 of the way through our first year as parents of twins! Almost there!