Friday, May 08, 2009

Wave of Sadness

It's about that time again. Charlie and I should be hearing within the next month where we'll be moving to next. Things are all up in the air, but we trust God and have seen very tangible ways that He's provided for us in the previous two moves and know that He will provide for us again, but that doesn't make the 'uprooting' part much easier.

MOPS ended today and my two bible studies both ended in the last two weeks. It's hard for me when I hear the leaders talk about the upcoming year and know that I won't be a part of it. It's especially hard when you find a place, or a church, or a friend that you don't want to let go of, yet have no control over holding on. It's hard when you know that life will go on for everyone else like it should, yet it has to start over again for us.

Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself today... not wanting to put the energy into making new friends, learning a new city and unpacking our things (again!). Or maybe I'm just human, clinging on to the known and resisting the unknown.

1 comments:

Janice said...

I'm sad too:-( I understand how it is having to move again and again...it stinks. But just think, each move is one step closer to being in the place you will finally settle. And you get to see so much of the country in the mean time. I'M still holding our hope you will get to do another rotation here! Who's going to do miles and miles at the mall with me when you leave?