Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Victory!

This morning I went out for the first time alone with the boys. The monthly MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting was this morning and I decided that I had to give it a shot. Knowing that I'd never get myself out of the house on time if I didn't prepare ahead of time, I took a shower and packed the diaper bag last night, and planned to drop Charlie off at work in time to get to the church early so I could feed Eli before the meeting started and Owen during the meeting. All went according to plan and I even got a little down time when the mentors of MOPS took them off my hands for a little while. It was a little overwhelming in the beginning getting them in and out of the car and stroller alone, but I'm glad that I made it through - it boosted my confidence for the next time I venture out alone.

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Way to go Bethie! How did you like MOPS? God Bless those mentor moms :) I know it is a lot of work getting out of the house and moving (I can't even imagine with two) but once you do it, it is so worthwhile, right?!

Becky said...

Yeah, Beth! You must be exhausted from all that prep. I'm glad you found some women to hang out with, though.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

yay--mission accomplished!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it--hopefully you'll be more likely to attempt it again soon!

BTW, how are those newbie diaper cake diapers working out? Are the boys big enough for them? Any rampant blow-outs?

~Autumn

Beth said...

Most of the diaper cake diapers were great, but there was one brand that we hated. Not because of blow outs (which we haven't had any of (yet!)) but because the fold of them felt like it was made of concrete. We scraped those, but the rest are long gone. I think we've used over 600 diapers so far!

Anonymous said...

wow, you've got some poopy babies!

... and i meant that in the best way possible! i can't wait to meet them :(

jenny

Anonymous said...

Glad you got use out of most of them! And glad that it doesn't look like you'll be needing the formula. :-) Keep up the awesome work, Beth!

~Autumn