Tuesday, August 12, 2008

T Minus 6 Weeks: A Reflection

Wow-wow-wow. That's the first thought that came into my head when I realized that the longest we'll have to wait to meet our boys is six weeks. Because you're "cut off" at 38 weeks with a twin pregnancy, that's only six weeks from now! For some reason, it just sunk in how quickly that time will pass.

The funny thing about this pregnancy is that it seems that every day takes forever but that the weeks are flying by. I can't believe that it was already 14 weeks ago that we found out that we were having twins - it seems like just a few weeks ago... but not THAT long! I am so excited to meet these little guys, and I'm so excited to see how Charlie and I develop into parents. It's hard to get our heads around just how much life will change after we have these babies, but it's been really exciting to talk about the future as a family.

There aren't many little things we have left to do before they come, but we do have a few bigger things - like choose a pediatrician, install the carseats, pick names and construct the swings, bouncy seats and pack n plays in convenient locations around the house.

I'm not nervous, just eager. I'm ready to get on with the next phase and meet these babies who have been under my ribs and kicking my nerves for the last several months. We have no doubt that once they come that the changes will be drastic and overwhelming at times, but we can't wait - at least not more than 6 weeks!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So excited for you Bethie! Praying those 6 weeks go fast...but not too fast for you to get everything done you'd like to get done :) Enjoy each moment! xoxo

Anonymous said...

We were promised pictures! ;-)

~Autumn