Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Different Kind of Elimination Diet

I started developing a rash on my belly a few days ago. It started around my belly button but this morning I woke up and it was all over the right side of my belly. Just the right side though, which I thought was pretty weird.

As I started thinking about it, I just switched body wash brands (to Ivory though, which I thought was about as safe as they come!) and I started using Palmer's cocoa-butter-stretch-mark-reducer/preventer last week (which I thankfully don't have yet but wanted to be proactive). It's not like I avoid the left side of my stomach with either product though, which leaves me confused. I called my sister and asked her if she ever had a rash during her pregnancies and she said yes, when she started using a cocoa butter lotion. Could that be genetic?

So now I've resorted to using Johnson & Johnson's baby body wash and no other lotions hoping that this dang rash will go away, but it seems just as bad today. A Benedryl seemed to help, but my guess is that it's probably not the best idea while pregnant.

I need another uncomfortable physical factor during this pregnancy like a hole in my head. Here's hoping that eliminating the Ivory and the Palmer's will do the trick - and fast!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beth-

The same thing happened to me...it's that darn cocoa butter - my doctor told me to use a lotion that was hypoallergenic. Hope all is well!

Michelle W.

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since you posted a belly picture - when is the next one due?