Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Days Without Charlie: 8-9

My time in Pittsburgh really is flying by! Here's the recap...

Monday:

  • Had breakfast with my dear friend (and maid of honor) Kim at our favorite, Eat n Park
  • Watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (the first one) together in anticipation of the second movie coming out in early August (even though we won't be able to see it together
  • Went to small group and caught up with all the friends that Charlie and I have grown to know and love so much

Tuesday:

  • Crossed 29 weeks for the pregnancy - the big 3-0 will be a huge milestone next week!!
  • Fixed the tragedy that erased ALL the customizations to my blog -- this was a low point of the trip so far! If you notice, the About Me and Sites sections are mostly different now that I had to start from scratch
  • Met up with Chrissy and Ashley for lunch at the Olive Garden and bought the cutest onesies that look like Pirates jerseys for the boys - one black one and one gold one, both embroidered with the Pirates logo. I couldn't resist, and I can't get them anywhere else, so I had to take advantage of the opportunity to show Pittsburgh Pride in Connecticut!
  • Watched my dad play softball with his "over 50 team" - and surprisingly, they were all better than the young guys my brother played with a few days ago!
  • Went out for $.30 wings with dad's softball team - it's a rare occurance to see your parent interact with all their friends, and it's so fun! [SIDENOTE: Just found out that the bill was $115! Pretty high for $.30 wings, but I guess when you order 120 of them and 7 pitchers of beer, things can really add up!]

The rest of the week is shaping up to be pretty booked - it's a challenge to see everyone that I want to see before leaving - but I'm trying to make it all happen. Gotta get some rest now if I have any hope of having the energy for tomorrow!

0 comments: