Friday, July 25, 2008

Days Without Charlie: 10-11

We're down to the wire, folks! Charlie will either be in Pittsburgh late tonight or around lunchtime tomorrow, which means that the countdown can soon be over and I can get back to normal posting - and uploading pictures of my time in Pittsburgh, which I'm unable to do right now because I forgot the memory card adaptor thing. Oh well, that'll have to wait until next week. The last two days have been really great, but pretty full.

Wednesday:

  • Met up with two dear friends from Bellefield for breakfast at The Original Pancake House. No kidding, it took me 15 minutes to weed through all the pancake selections and figure out what I wanted... only to still decide on the normal buttermilk pancakes.
  • Had coffee with Georgi, my last connection to the corporate world. She and I have been great friends since I worked at FreeMarkets almost 6 years ago.
  • Finished the Second Summer of the Traveling Pants (I know it's pathetic to work through a book series that's labeled "teen non-fiction," but I don't care - I love those books!
  • Went to the farmers market with my mom so she could get tomatoes and corn. She bought them, and then spent the rest of the time there realizing that every other vendor was selling tomatoes and corn for a lower price. Who knew you could get ripped off at a farmers market?!
  • This was the day of poor nutrition for me. The whole day, I ate 3 pancakes, an egg, half a piece of lemon pound cake, a glass of iced tea, an ice cream cone, a can of Sprite, a handful of trail mix and some potato skins. Sheesh - not exactly role model material!

Thursday:

  • Went walking with Erick and Toni on the South Side trail. It was great to get out, but my legs paid for it by the end. This extra weight is exhausting!
  • Ate lunch with them at Qdoba (thanks Erick!)
  • Started the pile of thank you notes from last Sunday's shower and got a good chunk done. Too bad I forgot my address book at home too.
  • Played cards with my parents - always a favorite thing to do.
  • Went to a Girls Night Out get together for ice cream with a bunch of friends from church. I didn't know a lot of the people there, but it was great to catch up with the ones I did know.

I've either been feeling two heads under my ribs or have been in a full-out contraction for most of the last 24 hours. I'm going to watch it today and try to take it easy because, boy, it is not the most comfortable time of life right now! Only 5 more days until the ultrasound!

0 comments: