Sunday, April 27, 2008

16

And now, the long awaited "first belly picture!" This is at 16 weeks and the plan is to keep this outfit throughout the belly pic shots to see just how different I look by the end (I'm counting on a considerable change!)

We have our ultrasound scheduled for May 10, the day before our 6 year anniversary. And yes, before you ask, we are going to find out what it is. We have many reasons, some of which would make sense and others of which wouldn't, but overall, we decided to because:

  1. There are enough "unknowns" in our life right now and we don't want to add to that list
  2. We want to be able to start praying more specifically for the needs of a baby boy vs girl
  3. We want to be able to wrap our heads around things to look forward to with a boy vs a girl (not to say that we couldn't do most things with either gender, but you know what I mean) - tea parties vs playing in the dirt with trucks
Provided the baby cooperates on the big day, we'll keep you posted on the gender... and don't ask - we're not telling names until the baby is born : )

3 comments:

Becky said...

Cute! Keep the pics comin'!

Tim and I would like to suggest the name "Filbert" for a boy. There is a Filbert street near us, which provoked the conversation that there aren't enough "Bert"s out there anymore. Just a suggestion.

Trisha said...

What a cute little belly. You won't regret taking these pictures. I can't wait to show Samuel someday the pics of him in my belly.

Since Bec suggested a name, I wanted to pass along a boy name we didn't use...Bubba (my nephew Nik suggested it)!

Kelly said...

OK, I posted a comment yesterday and it never showed up. Grrr... Basically, all I said was "cute belly" and something about how I can understand not wanting to reveal the name beforehand---people have lots of opinions on that topic...ie: filbert and bubba :) xoxo