Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Care Bears II - A New Generation

I just found my favorive childhood movie at the Record Exchange, a store in town where you can buy new and used CDs, DVDs and video games. This movie is copyrighted 1986, but it's AWESOME (and quite the bargain at only $2.50!)

The best part about this movie is the memories I have about my gramma because of it. She's the one who owned the movie, and we'd always ask to watch it at her house. We'd eat cheese balls and drink ginger ale in those old-school tin cups, then pretend to paint the sidewalk using paint brushes and water. We'd usually have Mac n Cheese, hot dogs, wax beans and applesauce for dinner - quite the favorite with a bunch of kids under 10.

I can't wait to show this movie to my kids some day - I'm sure it'll be just as much of a winner with them as it was with me (even more than 20 years after it was made!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Beth, you've really brought back some great childhood memories. I have a picture of you, Elise, Hillary and I in our nighties with our hair done in braids so it would be wavy the next day. I also remember great afternoons with Fraggle Rock and Kids Incorporated!