Monday, September 03, 2007

Busy, Hectic Lives

This semester is going to be a trying one for me and Charlie. In many ways, we are pointed in opposite directions with so much to accomplish individually, but at the same time, we're engaged in this delicate dance of balance trying so hard to keep perspective on the things in our lives that matter so much - each other, our relationship with God, our family and our friends.

It's so easy to become bogged down with tasks: lesson plans, house projects, internships (Charlie got one with Deloitte!), job hunting, group projects and papers.... the list goes on and on! But in spite of all this, we are desperately trying to stay connected with each other. I'm realizing now that it's going to have to be quality since it's can't be quantity time. I guess that's what everyone hopes for anyway, quality time with the person they love the most. Intentional time spent catching up on the day, on thoughts and dreams for the future, on the things that really matter rather than just occupying the same room watching TV together. Granted, I wouldn't mind that every once in a while, but I'll take what I can get at this point!

0 comments: