Thursday, June 01, 2006

Self Reflection

I'm 25.

I don't have a lot to show for it, but this is my life and I'm proud of it. When asked the question, "What is one thing you would change about your life," my first reaction is to mentally list the screw-ups in my life... but after more deliberation, I've decided that there isn't anything I would change about my life. I wouldn't be the person that I am without those screw-ups, and I wouldn't have had the chance to grow if I was always in the best-case-scenario. I don't seek out ways to make mistakes, but I am learning to welcome them as opportunities rather than roadblocks to growth and maturity.

I can be impatient, jealous, prideful, conceited, selfish and cranky -- but I can also be generous, encouraging, loving, patient, and kind. I fall short of the latter in exchange for the former too often, but I recognize my shortcomings, which I feel is at least the first baby step.

I live (and love!) to travel. It's the time when I feel the most adventurous, energetic, upbeat and alive. I've been to some amazing and beautiful places in the world, but I still crave more. I would love to fill my own coffee table book with the pictures I have taken in life.

I married an imperfect man who happens to be perfect for me. He's my best friend and the person I am the most excited to spend the rest of my life with. We have our share of disagreements, but we have the same common goal in sight -- to create a marriage relationship that is pleasing to God and to honor Him and each other with our words, actions and thoughts.

I'm 25 -- but I have a long way to go.

1 comments:

Eric said...

Very nice set of posts! If you're serious about your coffee table book idea...check out lulu.com