Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 YEARS!

As of today, Charlie and I have been dating for the last 10 years! I can still remember the day at the Schenley Park Fountain when we decided that we would start dating - one of the most exciting conversations I had had in my life. I was head over heels for him back then and I still am today.

You think you love someone with all of your heart, but that love doubles when you see him hold his newborn babies for the first time, and triples when you see him chasing those babies around the house and tickling them. It quadruples when he volunteers to wake up on Saturday morning to feed them breakfast so you can sleep in and then grows even more when you realize that in the last 10 years, the two of you have grown up together.

When we started out 10 years ago, we were 18 and 20... now we're 28 and 30 and have two kids! We have lived in four states, bought a house, taken awesome vacations, supported each other as we both went back to school to pursue our dream jobs... and through it all have stayed the best of friends. Charlie is still the person that I can't wait to see at the end of the day and still the person that I am so thankful to spend my life with.

A whole decade. Wow!

0 comments: