SIX months - Are you kidding me?! It's hard to believe that six months ago these little guys weren't a part of our lives, because we can't imagine life without them now. We were just talking today about how having babies makes meeting people harder in a new city - but we wouldn't trade our family situation for anything. We feel more blessed every day as we get to know Owen and Eli better - and get to know each other better as a result of blossoming as a family.
A few stats from this month:
- Owen weighs 15 lb 13 oz as of his six month well visit (3.9.09)
- Eli weighs 14 lb 11 oz as of his six month well visit (3.9.09)
- Visitors this month: my mom
- Milestones: moving from one crib to two, Owen sucking his thumb, Eli consistently sleeping for 8 hours straight, finding a new pediatrician, getting word of Owen's last day in the helmet, getting acclimated to being in the nursery at church, starting rice cereal
- Challenges this month: starting rice cereal (yes, it's both a milestone and a challenge!), the ECI evaluation of Owen's potential hearing loss (final verdict on that will be March 4th), the newfound tendency for the boys to 'blow out'... why did this start all of a sudden?!
- Item(s) I can't live without: the double stroller (for all the beautiful days we can go walking), exersaucers and 'chew toys'
- Big Deals This Month: we found a Sunday school class that we love and have met many couples that we want to get to know better. Charlie is already a month and a half into his rotation and really enjoys what he's doing - and has mentioned more than once that he'd like to stay in Dallas for another rotation if it's possible. I joined two bible studies (at two different churches) and the local MOPS group and I'm hoping that some solid friendships will come out of those groups.
We are HALFWAY through our first year as parents of twins!