Sunday, August 03, 2008

Turkey Shepherds Pie

First of all, THANKS(!!) for all the suggestions on making, freezing, and keeping food on hand for after the babies are born. Charlie and I started cooking yesterday and tackled two entrees which each made 4-5 nights worth of food. We're running out of Tupperware and freezer space before running out of ideas, which is a good position to be in right now.

We decided to start with pulled pork in the crock pot and turkey shepherds pie. The shepherds pie recipe is courtesy of Rachel Ray (so it should have only taken 3o minutes, but obviously took WAY longer than that). Charlie focused on the pulled pork and helped me out with the bacon/turkey part of my recipe while I focused on the potatoes and veggie part of the recipe. After it was all assembled, he took over with the storage aspect of the cooking in a much smarter way than I would have done it.

I wish we could eat this stuff now instead of waiting until we actually need it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd suggest stocking up on ice cream. It requires no preparation, it's easy to store, and contains all the important food groups.
Dwight

Anonymous said...

I'm with Dwight on this one. Plenty of variety available, too!

~Autumn