Friday, August 22, 2008

The Energy I've Been Waiting For

Charlie and I went on a tour of the Danbury Hospital Maternity Ward last night and I think today's motivation is coming from that. After the official tour was over, Charlie and I hung back to talk with the nurse specifically about our questions on twin births: what to expect, how to prepare, when we'll move to the OR, how 'bonding' will work as the second baby is being born, etc. At the end of the conversation, the nurse said that she rarely sees women with twins go to 38 weeks, which was a bit of an eye opener for both of us. Granted, I certainly COULD, but with the odds against it, Charlie and I were both feeling the fire under our butt to get some things done.

When I came downstairs this morning, there was a little line up of bouncy seats and swings that Charlie had assembled after I went to bed last night. I read an entire book (called "While Waiting") that my doctor's office gave me and finally felt like I wanted to participate in the "Exercise" section, which explains some good stretching and strengthening moves to work on pre-labor. I vacuumed and cleaned and organized, and this afternoon I think I'll scrapbook and make something fun for dinner. This is a big change from just wanting to lie on the couch and watch TV! Tonight, if this energy level keeps up, I'm gonna go for a walk with Charlie and go swimming - I'd better take advantage of these remaining days while I still have the freedom to do what I want!

0 comments: