Monday, July 28, 2008

Pittsburgh: The Wrap Up

It was great to get to see my sister and her family at home this weekend. Her youngest, Asher, is growing and changing so fast that he doesn't even look like the same baby we saw just 2 months ago.

Charlie was working on finishing up some projects at our house in Brookline and then we met up with his parents one last time at Panera. We had dinner with my family at my brothers house and my parents gave us all copies of the "I Remember" memories that we had submitted per my dad's request. Once a month we'll all email my mom a family memory from growing up and she's consolidate them all, print them and give us each a copy to add to the binder. It's a great idea and I'm glad that my dad started the tradition.

After dinner, I spent the night with 3 of my 5 college roommates, eating ice cream, playing cards and catching up. We got ready for the second baby shower the next morning and headed off to a great party. Like the last shower, I'll post seperately about it (including pictures). Charlie and I left Pittsburgh around 4pm and didn't get home until 1am - thanks to an hour of construction traffic on I-80. Thanks PennDOT, you weren't even doing anything!

There are TONS of things to do now to get ready for the babies, which we're really excited to do - set up the nursery, get the clothes washed and ready, unpack the blankets and bottles and binkies (is it intentional that everything having to do with babies starts with a B?!)... and of course, we still have to settle on some names. It's tough, but we're getting there. It's hard to believe that in (hopefully!) 5-8 weeks that we'll have two little boys to take care of!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1pm!! You must have felt like screaming, or crying...
Hope you both get a good sleep today or tonight! We enjoyed seeing you both.

Becky said...

It was so great to see you! Thanks for teaching us 7 Up. Also, please let us know when you put pics online - do you use snapfish or other?! I will want to order some for the scrapping.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

we are SO excited for you, (and sad we missed seeing you.)
wanted to send you this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_29980_9745810_fe_txt_1/?docId=1000245631
if you set up an amazon.com registry and you/friends purchase $750 worth of stuff, they'll give you $250/6 months (or 3 months in your case!) worth of seventh generation diapers. i know you already have registeries, but in case you still have some "big ticket" purchases to make, i thought you might be interested...
enjoy having charlie back!

jenchak said...

i don't like being the other part of that college roommate statistic... so sad that i wasn't able to come up for the shower. :( glad it was fun, though & i look forward to seeing photos!