Wednesday, August 23, 2006

1 Down, 179 To Go

Our kids are officially back in school today. Summer flew by, as always, but it's still hard to believe that it's Back To School Time already. As I waited for first period to begin, I realized that I was probably just as nervous as the kids were today - which is funny because when I was in high school I never would have thought that my teachers were apprehensive about the new year too.

It all went off without a hitch though. My schedule doesn't seem to be too taxing and I have a great group of lunch buddies as a refuge in the middle of the day. By 4th period my voice had all but left me -- you don't realize how little you talk in the summer until you have to talk for 6 hours straight. I'm sure that I'll have plenty of stories as the year progresses, but right now I'm just hoping for a seemless transition from free time to no time.

0 comments: